- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- It is not possible to login into RoundCube webmail with the following message:
CONFIG_TEXT: Connection to storage server failed
CONFIG_TEXT: Error connecting to mail server
Unable to send a message using Roundcube webmail with the following error:
PLESK_INFO: SMTP Error (-1): Connection to server failed
- The entries like below can be found in
CONFIG_TEXT: admin dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (no auth attempts in 0 secs): user=<>, rip=::1, lip=::1, TLS handshaking: SSL_accept() failed: error:14094415:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert certificate expired: SSL alert number 45, session=
- The output of the command below contains the following line in the end:
# openssl s_client -showcerts -connect webmail.example.com:993
Verify return code: 10 (certificate has expired)
Mail server certificate is expired
Renew certificate for the Plesk server in Plesk > Tools & Settings > SSL/TSL certificate
For example, if it is Plesk self-signed certificate:
- Open Plesk > Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates > Add
- Fill in the necessary information.
- Click on Self-Signed.
- In Certificate for securing mail click Change and select the new certificate.
Also, it is possible to use Let's Encrypt extension via Plesk > Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates > Let's Encrypt as described in the article How to secure mail server with Let's Encrypt certificate?