- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- In a new Plesk Onyx 17.8 installation, going to Tools & Settings > Firewall shows different firewall rules compared with Plesk Onyx 17.5, where
FTP Passive Portsrule is included and
Tomcat portrule is not included.
- When upgrade to Plesk Onyx 17.8 performed, going to Tools & Settings > Firewall shows that firewall rules from Plesk Onyx remain the same, old firewall rules were not updated/overwritten with new Plesk Onyx 17.8 firewall rules.
Plesk upgrade process keeps previous firewall rules in order to avoid problems in Plesk server setup.
NOTE: Following steps will overwrite previous firewall rule set and provide new Plesk Onyx 17.8 firewall rules.
- Connect to Plesk server via SSH
# plesk installer --select-release-current --remove-component psa-firewall
# plesk installer --select-release-current --install-component psa-firewall
NOTE: Following steps will add FTP Passive Ports range 49152-65535 to ProFTPd configuration.
- Set ProFTPd passive ports with following command:
# echo -e "<Global>\nPassivePorts 49152 65535\n</Global>" > /etc/proftpd.d/55-passive-ports.conf
- Restart xinetd service to apply changes:
# systemctl restart xinetd.service