- Plesk for Windows
- The following error occurs on an attempt to open Java Application:
CONFIG_TEXT: Error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
- Apache Tomcat service is not running on Tools & Settings > Services Management.
- The following error can be found in
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\logs\catalina.logfile:
CONFIG_TEXT: SEVERE: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind <null>:8080
- There is another process that is listening on this port:
C:\> netstat -aon | find /i "8080"
TCP 0.0.0.0:8080 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 1628
- In Task Manager this process with ID 1628 is running by MEHTTPS.EXE:
MailEnable HTTPMail service is listening on port 8080 by default: How to configure a HTTPMail client
Change HTTPMail Service port to another one. For that, perform the following steps:
Connect to the server via RDP
Enter MailEnable admin interface by going to
%plesk_dir%mail servers\mail enable\bin\and starting
- Go to Servers > Localhost > Services (Services and Connectors) > HTTPMail, right click on it and select Properties:
- Change the port to another one and click OK.
Note: Depending on MailEnable version, HTTPMail service can be found in Servers > Localhost > Services > Synchronization instead of Servers > Localhost > Services > HTTPMail.