- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- Plesk Onyx for Windows
Note: This article has the reference to the issue with the fix available:
- #EXTLETSENC-480 "Fixed the localization issue with locales except en-US. In this issue the message about a failed challenge ended with a placeholder instead of failure details."
- Let’s Encrypt 2.5.3 14 March 2018
- Non-English locale is enabled for Plesk in Tools & Settings > Languages.
- On attempt to install/renew a Let's Encrypt certificate for a domain in Plesk, the following text is shown (an example for French locale) instead of error description details:
PLESK_ERROR: Autres infos sur l'erreur :
The issue is caused by a bug registered with ID #EXTLETSENC-480. It will be fixed in the upcoming product updates.
As a workaround, temporarily change Plesk locale to English (Is it possible to change the default language?) to see the error details.
To change the Plesk locale, perform the following steps:
- Go to Plesk > My Profile.
- Change Administrator's interface language to ENGLISH (United States).
- Click OK.