- Plesk for Linux
E-mail alias recipient rewriting is active when mail service for the domain is disabled in Plesk. Here is the scenario:
- on Plesk mail server email@example.com is a mail alias for firstname.lastname@example.org mailbox.
- on external mail server both mailboxes email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org are configured as separate mail accounts
- mail service for the domain example.com has been disabled in Plesk Domains > example.com > Mail Settings and mail is being served by external mail server
- attempts to send mail from the mailboxes served by Plesk mail server take local rewrites and mail to email@example.com delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is Plesk bug with ID #PPPM-8110 that will be fixed in future updates.
Until the fix become available, manually remove rewrites from Postfix database as below:
- Connect to the server via SSH
- Remove the information about alias and database from /var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual:
# postmap -d email@example.com /var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual
# postmap -d firstname.lastname@example.org /var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual
If it is required to serve mail boxes by Plesk mail server, the removed entries can be restored for the mail box as below:
# plesk repair mail email@example.com