- Plesk for Linux
E-mail alias recipient rewriting is active when mail service for the domain is disabled in Plesk. Here is the scenario:
- on Plesk mail server, firstname.lastname@example.org is a mail alias for email@example.com mailbox.
- on external mail server, both mailboxes firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com are configured as separate mail accounts
- mail is served by external mail server and is disabled at Domains > example.com > Mail Settings
- attempts to send mail from the mailboxes served by Plesk mail server take local rewrites and mail to firstname.lastname@example.org is delivered to email@example.com
Plesk bug with ID #PPPM-8110 which will be fixed in future updates.
As a workaround:
- Connect to Plesk server via SSH
- Remove the information about alias from Postfix database:
# postmap -d firstname.lastname@example.org /var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual
# postmap -d email@example.com /var/spool/postfix/plesk/virtual
If it is required to serve mailboxes by Plesk mail server, the removed entries can be restored for the mailbox:
# plesk repair mail firstname.lastname@example.org