- Plesk for Linux
- Plesk for Windows
The migration of Plesk to a new server proceeds very slow. Are there suggestions on how to speed up a migration?
The time effort for a migration depends on the following:
- amount / type of data
- transfer speed
- server performance
To speed up the migration do the following:
- Reduce the amount of data:
- transfer domains by small bunches (5-10) at once
- Increase server performance:
- reduce the load on the source server by suspending domains
- stop all tasks not related to migration
- Improve network performance:
- speed up SSH connection by contacting the network administrator for increasing network connection speed
- Increase amount of simultaneous threads according to this article (this solution is highly not recommended):
How to change the number of simultaneous threads during migration?
Note: Plesk Migrator does not have any tools to improve network performance settings and such changes should be done on a network administrator side.