- Plesk for Linux
- Unable to open WordPress page via a URL like http://example.com. The following error is shown in browser:
/var/www/vhosts/example.com/logs/proxy_error_logthe following error is shown:
[error] 11568#0: *46278 directory index of "/var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/" is forbidden, client: 203.0.113.2, server: example.com, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "example.com"
- Ownership for directory /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/ is set to a different user and/or different group that is not related to domain example.com:
# stat /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/
Access: (0750/drwxr-x---) Uid: (10008/another-username) Gid: ( 1008/another-groupname)
Invalid ownership of vhost directory. Due to this Apache web server process cannot read files from the directory.
Note: if you do not have SSH access contact servers owner/server administrator.
- Connect to the server over SSH.
- Find the name of system user for the affected domain (in this case system user is example-user):
# stat /var/www/vhosts/example.com/ | grep Uid
Access: (0710/drwx--x---) Uid: (10010/example-user) Gid: ( 1004/ psaserv)
- Set the correct ownership and permissions for "httpdocs" directory. Owner user of the directory should be equal to subscription's system user found on step #2, owner group should be always equal to psaserv :
# chown example-user:psaserv /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/
# chmod 0750 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/
# plesk repair fs example.com