- Plesk 17.8 for Windows
- The following error occurs in an attempt to install Plesk on Windows:
CONFIG_TEXT: [2018-03-05 23:37:30.174889] MSI (04): Critical action 'Saving administrator password...' failed: Command "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\bin\admin.exe" --set-admin-password * failed with code 1. Output: Validation failed. The password does not meet password policy requirements because it is not complex enough. The password must contain at least 6 characters, and it must include characters from three of the following four categories: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and non-alphanumeric characters.
- Password that was used during the installation was shorter than 6 characters.
This is Plesk Installer bug PPPM-8090 that is planned to be fixed in future product updates.
As a workaround:
- Log into the server via RDP.
- Run Plesk Installer once again.
- Select Plesk for installation:
- Specify more complex password that is longer 6 characters.
- Finish the installation.