- Plesk Onyx 17.5 for Linux
- Plesk is installed on AWS EC2 instance with CentOS 7;
- A custom hostname is set using Plesk in Tools & Settings > Server Settings:
- After the server reboot, there is still custom hostname in the Plesk interface;
- But in fact, the server hostname was reset to the default AWS one:
# hostnamectl status
Static hostname: ip-172-31-34-117.us-east-2.compute.internal
This is Plesk bug with ID #PPPM-7998, which is planned to be fixed in future Plesk updates.
As a workaround follow the steps below:
- Connect to the server using SSH.
- Add the following line into the end of the file
CONFIG_TEXT: preserve_hostname: true