- Plesk for Linux
Website Importing of the domain
example.comfails with following error:
PLESK_ERROR: Unable to locate the document root directory of the website automatically.
Please specify source document root and source website URL in the options below.
- Specifying source document root and source website URL fails and following error message is shown:
PLESK_ERROR: Getting information
Unable to locate the document root directory of the website.
To resolve the issue, temporarily disable the rewrite rules.
example.comhosted in Plesk source server is not accessible, the wrong content is shown;
- Website source files are accessible through FTP from target server to source server.
Plesk Migrator tool cannot verify website source due to rewrite rules in
.htaccess file in the root website directory on the source server.
- Log into Plesk on the source server;
- Go to Domains > example.com > File Manager.
- Temporary disable rewrite rules by renaming
.htaccessfile located in source website root directory (e.g to
- Open a browser and verify that
example.comis showing correctly;
- Import the website once again.