How to connect to a Plesk server via RDP with available credentials
Note: In case the RDP credentials are unknown, contact your Hosting Provider with the request to provide them.
The steps below are applicable only to accounts that have administrator privileges.
- Press the combination "Windows + R" buttons to start the Run utility.
- In the appeared window type mstsc and press the OK button:
- In the next window specify the IP of the server you want to connect:
- After specify the credentials of the user that has administrator privileges and press the OK button:
- When the message below will be shown, press the Yes button to finish the connection:
- Open Terminal Console in Applications > Terminal:
Note: the location of the Terminal Console depends on the installed Linux OS.
- Install the
xfreerdputility by executing the command:
For RHEL based systems (CentOS/CloudLinux):
# yum install freerdp -y
For Debian based systems (Ubuntu/Debian):
# apt-get install freerdp-x11 -y
- For RHEL based systems (CentOS/CloudLinux):
- Run the command below to start the RDP connection:
# xfreerdp -g 1920x1080 -u username 126.96.36.199
Note: replace the username and 188.8.131.52 IP address with the corresponding RPD login credentials of the server you want to connect.
- When the message below will be shown, type Y and press Enter button:
CONFIG_TEXT: Do you trust the above certificates? (Y/T/N)
- Go to App Store:
- Find and install the Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 software by pressing Get and after Install buttons.
Note: in case the form below will be shown, specify the credentials from the Apple ID account and press the Sign in button:
- Open the installed Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 software and press the Add PC button:
- In the PC name field specify the IP address or hostname of the server you want to connect and after press the Add button:
- Click on the added connection from the previous step:
- Specify the RDP login credentials of the server you want to connect and after press the Continue button:
- When the message below will be shown, press the Continue button: