- Plesk for Windows
- Unable to migrate or restore a database from the backup:
PLESK_ERROR: The database was backed up on a server running version xxxx. That version is incompatible with this server, which is running version 13.00.4129. Either restore the database on a server that supports the backup or use a backup that is compatible with this server.
An old version of Microsoft SQL Server is installed.
Click on a section to expand
- Login to Plesk on the target server
- Install Microsoft SQL Server (SQL2016) at Tools & Settings > Updates & Upgrades
- Temporarily choose newly installed MSSQL server as default for MSSQL.
- Re-sync database files in Plesk > Tools & Settings > Migration & Transfer Manager > <migration_session> > Overview > re-sync next to the affected subscription > select Migrate database data (tables, rows, etc).
- Change default server for MSSQL back to initial one.