- Plesk for Linux
- 503 error showing when accessing newly created domains with WordPress and PHP-FPM handler assigned.
- The following error occurs in
PLESK_INFO: ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/phpinimng' '--type' 'fpm' '--service' 'plesk-php56-fpm' '--poold' '/opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.d' '--restart'] with exit
ERR  '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/phpinimng' '--type' 'fpm' '--service' 'plesk-php56-fpm' '--poold' '/opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.d' '--restart' failed with code 1.
Job for plesk-php56-fpm.service failed because a fatal signal was delivered to the control process. See "systemctl status plesk-php56-fpm.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
Failed to reload plesk-php56-fpm service
- A big number (more that 800) domains use one PHP handler:
# plesk bin php_handler --get-usage -id plesk-php56-fpm | wc -l
- In /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/logs/error_log file:
PLESK_INFO: (111)Connection refused: AH02454: FCGI: attempt to connect to Unix domain socket /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/php-fpm.sock (*) failed
- There is no php-fpm.sock file:
# ls -la /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/php-fpm.sock
No such file or directory
PHP handler can not create socket file due to max open files limit reached.
To resolve the issue for exact domain apply solution from this article:
There are two possible ways to resolve issue for future created domains:
- Distribute the load between handlers to made possible to resolve "too many open files" issue.
- Increase open files limit, as described here Unable to start PHP-FPM: Too many open files (24)