- Plesk for Linux
- Web content files are blank after restoration from the backup and have a zero size.
- Files inside a backup archive file are valid and have normal size
- Hard disk quota enabled in Domains > example.com > Web Hosting Access
- Disk quota limit set for the subscription less than summary of the disk space occupied by web content and a backup file/
Plesk bug #PPPM-7857 that is planned to be fixed in one of the future product updates.
When Plesk restoring the backup it changes backup file owner from "root" to the subscription system user. If hard disk quota for the user set to 5Gb, occupied 2097M, largest user data backup file is about 3.1G, then total disk usage (occupied 2097M + backup size 3110) exceeds allowed 5000M, when ownership is changed during restoration procedure. As quota was exceeded the system denies user to write to the file.
Until a fix becomes available, use the following workaround the issue:
- Go to Domains > example.com > Web Hosting Access
- Change Hard quota on disk space to a higher value or set it to unlimited.