- Plesk for Linux
- Plesk for Windows
During establishing a secure connection using Outlook the following warning is shown:
CONFIG_TEXT: The server to which you are connected uses a security certificate that can not be verified. The main destination name is not valid
On other mail agents different warning may be shown, for example:
CONFIG_TEXT: Mail can't verify the identity of the server "example.com". The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be "example.com" which could put your confidential information at risk.
Misconfiguration of Outlook mail client.
Ensure that the following configurations are set:
- Under File > Account Settings > firstname.lastname@example.org > Change Account specify Mail server's hostname in the Incoming mail server and Outgoing mail server (SMTP) fields.
Note: the mail server hostname should be the same as in the certificate.
- Under File > Account Settings > email@example.com > Change Account > More Settings > Outgoing server check the option My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication and the option Use same settings as my incoming mail server selected:
- Under File > Account Settings > firstname.lastname@example.org > Change Account > More Settings > Advanced make sure to replicate these settings:
- Incoming Mail Server: 993 with SSL.
- Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): 465 with SSL (Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587).