- Plesk Onyx 17.5 for Windows
- Mails are delivered locally in case of mail service is disabled for a domain and SmarterMail 14.3 version or above is used.
- In order to use external mail server the service was disabled as it described in documentation. But if SmarterMail 14.3 (or above) is used, emails are still delivered locally because SmarterMail has its own settings as local ones.
This is Plesk bug with ID PPPM-5200 which is planned to be fixed in future product updates.
As a workaround, configure using MX record for inbound message delivery in SmarterMail.
Here is an example for SmarterMail 16. Log into SmarterMail (as administrator) > Manage (tab) > example.com and set the following values under "Email" section:
- For Inbound Message Delivery set External (use MX record).
- Disable the Deliver locally if user exists option.
Below workaround will always set Inbound Message Delivery to External (use MX record) and disable option Deliver locally if user exists every time when domain is disabled. This means that if domain will be suspended in Plesk, email will be considered as remote one.
- Download the archive from the attachment.
- Unpack the downloaded archive.
- Backup and replace the following files from unpacked one: