- Plesk Onyx 17.5 for Windows
- Mails are delivered locally in case of mail service is disabled for a domain in Domains > example.com > Mail Settings page and SmarterMail 14.3 version or above is installed on the Plesk server.
- In order to use external mail server the service was disabled as it described in documentation. But if SmarterMail 14.3 (or above) is used, emails are still delivered locally because SmarterMail has its own settings as local ones.
This is Plesk bug #PPPM-5200 which is planned to be fixed in future product updates.
Note: The workaround below will not work for SmarterMail 16.3.6488 and higher due to changed logic for Disabled domains. Plesk Onyx supports SmarterMail versions 10.0-16.0.
As a workaround, use the patched libraries from the attachment:
- Log in to the server via RDP
- Download the archive for Plesk version installed on the server from the attachment.
- Unpack the downloaded archive.
- Backup and replace the following files from unpacked one:
- Enable/disable mail service for the domain Domains > example.com > Mail Settings
Note: With the patch Inbound Message Delivery option in SmarterMail will be always set to External (use MX record) and option Deliver locally if user exists will be disabled every time when Mail service is disabled for domain.
Otherwise, it is possible to workaround the issue by configuring MX record for inbound message delivery directly in SmarterMail, e.g. for SmarterMail 16:
- Log into SmarterMail (as administrator) > Manage (tab) > example.com
- In the Email section set External (use MX record) for Inbound Message Delivery .
- Also, disable the Deliver locally if user exists option.