- Plesk 11.x for Windows
While accessing site it shows following error :
Server Error in '/' Application.
The INSERT permission was denied on the object 'DetLog', database 'database_name', schema 'dbo'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The INSERT permission was denied on the object 'DetLog', database 'test123', schema 'dbo'.
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Wrong permissions are set for database.
To resolve issue, follow the steps:
- Open Microsoft SQL Management Studio Express
- Navigate to Security > Logins > Right-click the db user and select Properites
- In properties go to User Mappings , check the db user
- Click on the database and check that the options db_owner and Public are selected.
- Uncheck if you found any deny access is given to database under User Mappings.