- Plesk 11.x for Windows
- Plesk 12.0 for Windows
- Plesk 12.5 for Windows
It is not possible to connect to port 587 on Windows server with MailEnable.
However, MailEnable is configured properly:
Port if filtered in a firewall or by ISP.
Note: In case ISP blocked the port, contact their support in order to open it from their side.
The following steps are required to open a custom port in Windows Firewall:
- Open the start menu
- Type firewall
- Open Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Open Inbound Rules
- New Rule...
- Choose Port type
- Choose TCP, and enter the required port - in our case, 587
- Choose to Allow the connection
- Choose all three profiles (Domain+Private+Public)
- Enter a custom rule name, e.g. "Port 587"
- Press finish.
Make sure that you can connect with telnet. For example:
# telnet 184.108.40.206 587
Connected to 220.127.116.11.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 domain.tld ESMTP MailEnable Service, Version: 6.5-- ready at 05/06/14 20:38:39
You could also see knowledgebase article #213932745 to check the other ports used by Parallels Plesk Panel.