- Plesk 11.x for Windows
- Plesk 12.0 for Windows
- Plesk 12.5 for Windows
- Plesk Onyx for Windows
Website shows error:
CONFIG_TEXT: Error 403: Access forbidden
- Default document was disabled in IIS
- Permissions are not properly set for domain's vhost directory
- Defaul document(index.html, index.php, etc) is missing from website root directory
Connect to the server via RDP and check the following:
- Make sure default document is enabled in IIS at IIS > Sites > example.com - Default Document
- Make sure that index.* file is present in domain's directory.
- Repair domain permissions:
C:\> "%plesk_bin%"\\repair.exe --reconfigure-web-site -web-site-name example.com
The web server for the example.com website was successfully reconfigured.
- If the issue persists, restore vhosts permissions by running Plesk Reconfigurator > Repair Plesk Installation > Repair vhosts permissions
- Make sure that your website does not require additional permissions. Go to website root and add permissions for accounts.