- Plesk 12.5 for Linux
Note: This article has the reference to the issues with the fixes available:
- #PPPM-4566 "Support issue #PPPM-4566"
- Plesk Onyx 17.0 Release 15 November 2016
- #PPPM-4567 "Gracefully restarting Apache a number of times during a short period of time could result in the mod_fcgid process crashing."
After Plesk automatic updates Apache service remains stopped.
User has to start service manually everytime.
Apache crashes with the following error in
[timestamp] [mpm_event:notice] [pid 20056:tid 140176783820672] AH00493: SIGUSR1 received. Doing graceful restart
[timestamp] [core:notice] [pid 20056] AH00060: seg fault or similar nasty error detected in the parent process
Websites are periodically down, they are showing the following nginx error:
502 Bad Gateway
The following errors can be found in
[error] 10485#0: *1947668 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 10.0.2.2, server: , request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://10.0.2.2:7080/", host: "example.com"
- Unable to perform a graceful Apache restart. The following message can be shown in CLI or in Plesk:
Can not restart web server
This is Plesk bug with ID PPPM-4567 which has been fixed in Plesk Onyx 17 Update 13.
Upgrade Plesk to Onyx:
For CentOS 6, CentOS 7, Debian 8, Ubuntu 14 and Ubuntu 16:
1. Change Apache worker mode from
in Home > Tools & Settings > Apache Web Server Settings
2. Download the corresponding patched file, unzip and replace it.
3. Restart Apache.
4. In some cases, server reboot may be required.
If the issue still persists, perform the following actions to disable graceful reload:
Increase the value '
Apache restart interval' to at least to 60 seconds at Plesk > Tools & Settings > Apache Web Server Settings
For Debian based systems :
apache2 reload' with '
apache2 restart' in
For RHEL based systems
httpd reload' with '
httpd restart' in
If the above steps do not help on Debian/Ubuntu OSes, edit log rotation settings of
file. Change "
" to "
# cat /etc/logrotate.d/apache2
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart > /dev/null;