Not able to register MS SQL database server in Plesk > Tools & Settings > Database servers - Add new database server
There may be several different issues in MS SQL connection configuration:
- MS SQL configured to run as
'sa'password may be not correct
- Instance name may be not correct, etc.
In order to check all these settings, complete the steps below:
- Check how the service is configured to run on the server, as
'Networkservice'accounts. To do that go to Run > Services.msc
1.1. If the database server is local then MS SQL database service is configured to run as
* Add server as `'localhost'` (or direct instance name like `.\\MSSQLSERVER2012`) in Plesk.
1.2. If Database server is configured as to run as `'Networkservice'`
* Add IP address along with the instance name, example: `(192.168.21.211\\MSSQLSERVER2012)`
In case of multiple
MS SQLdatabase server instances available on the server, check the particular instance name by using
'SQL Server configuration manager'
Try to connect
MS SQLwith the same settings as you use to access the
MS SQL management studio(usually username
If you do not have
'sa'password, you can reset the password through MSSQL Management Studio > Security > Logins > sa user properties > Password or through command line