- Plesk 12.0 for Windows
- Plesk 12.5 for Windows
- Plesk for Linux
How to assign a different IP address to a subdomain hosted in Plesk?
This functionality is not supported in Plesk at the moment. You may want to suggest new functionality in Plesk on Plesk User Voice portal.
Log into Plesk;
Backup subdomain contents:
- Dump related Databases;
- Copy contents of the subdomains docroot (directory where subdomains' files are located) to another directory using File Manager;
- Save custom directives specified for the domain, e.g., additional directives for Nginx in Domains > sub.example.com > Apache & nginx Settings > Additional Nginx Directives;
- Any other settings required for later use;
Navigate to Subscriptions > example.com and click Remove next to a sub.example.com;
Note: if databases associated with the subdomains were not removed, remove them in Subscriptions > example.com > Databases
Create new subscription named "sub.example.com": Subscriptions > new > sub.example.com;
Assign it to a dedicated IP address in Domains > sub.example.com > Web Hosting Access;
Upload previously backed up content into appropriate sections:
- Databases: in Subscriptions > sub.example.com > Databases (First, create a database, then click Import Dump);
- Website files: upload them using File Manager;
- Directives to the same places as they were saved from before (e.g. Subscriptions > sub.example.com > Apache & nginx Settings > Additional Nginx Directives);
- Any other settings.