- Plesk 12.0 for Windows
- Plesk 12.5 for Windows
- Plesk for Linux
How to assign a different IP address to a subdomain hosted in Plesk?
This functionality is not supported in Plesk at the moment. You may want to suggest new functionality in Plesk on Plesk User Voice portal.
The top-ranked suggestions are likely to be included in the next versions of Plesk. You can get the information about the updates in our products in the following public sources:
https://partners.plesk.com/ - public roadmaps for partners;
http://kb.plesk.com/subscriptions/index.html - knowledge base, each product update comes with corresponding KB article;
http://kb.plesk.com/rss/?p=PLESK - RSS feeds
Log into Plesk;
Backup subdomain contents:
- Dump related Databases;
- Copy contents of the subdomains docroot (directory where subdomains' files are located) to another directory using File Manager;
- Save custom directives specified for the domain, e.g., additional directives for Nginx in Domains > sub.example.com > Apache & nginx Settings > Additional Nginx Directives;
- Any other settings required for later use;
Navigate to Subscriptions > example.com and click Remove next to a sub.example.com;
Note: if databases associated with the subdomains were not removed, remove them in Subscriptions > example.com > Databases
Create new subscription named "sub.example.com": Subscriptions > new > sub.example.com;
Assign it to a dedicated IP address in Domains > sub.example.com > Web Hosting Access;
Upload previously backed up content into appropriate sections:
- Databases: in Subscriptions > sub.example.com > Databases (First, create a database, then click Import Dump);
- Website files: upload them using File Manager;
- Directives to the same places as they were saved from before (e.g. Subscriptions > sub.example.com > Apache & nginx Settings > Additional Nginx Directives);
- Any other settings.