- Plesk for Windows
Backup creation fails with the following message:
PLESK_ERROR: Warning: domain "example.com" Cannot dump domain hosting content [Access to the path '%plesk_vhosts%\example.com' is denied.]
Unable to create a domain in Plesk > Domains > Add New with Access is denied error;
Unable to open the File Manager or change permissions for a file under Domains > example.com > File Manager with one of the errors below:click on a section to expand:
PLESK_ERROR: Unable to get file (C:\Inetpub\vhosts\example.com) attributes: (5) Access is denied. at execute "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\filemng.exe" domftp_user list dirs
PLESK_ERROR: Unable to find the directory C:\Inetpub\vhosts\example.com\: Access denied
PLESK_ERROR: Access is denied. (Error code 5) at retrieves attributes for file or directory
PLESK_ERROR: Access is denied. (Error code 5) at Open file
PLESK_ERROR: Error: Access is denied. (Error code 5) at GetLongPathName('C:\Inetpub\vhosts\example.com')
PLESK_ERROR: Unable to get attributes of the file %plesk_vhosts%\example.com\httpdocs\full\directory\path: Access is denied. The file will not be archived.
Plesk Administrator is not in the Administrators group.
Note: if direct RDP access to the server is not possible, contact server administrator for further assistance.
- Connect to the Plesk server via RDP.
Open Command Prompt as Administrator and execute the following command:
- In the Computer Management console, expand System Tools > Local Users and Groups > Groups
- Double-click on Administrators
- If the Plesk Administrator is absent in the Members list, click Add... and add the Plesk Administrator.
- In the issue still persists check the following article Unable to access of rename file in File Manager on Plesk server: Access denied