- Plesk 11.x for Linux
- Plesk for Linux
- The MySQL service is not starting after upgrade from 5.1 to 5.5 version.
- The following error can be found in
CONFIG_TEXT: [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: unknown option '--skip-locking'
skip-locking option has been deprecated in MySQL 5.5.
- Connect to the server via SSH.
- Using the vi text editor open the
/etc/my.cnffile and comment
skip-lockingoption under the
[mysqld]section, as shown below:
# grep skip-locking /etc/my.cnf
- Start mysql service:
# service mysqld start
- If the issue persists, check whether the following files exist. They can contain the same option. Rename files:
# ls -al /root/.my.cnf
# mv /root/.my.cnf /root/.my.cnf.bk
# ls -al /etc/mysql/my.cnf
# mv /etc/mysql/my.cnf /etc/mysql/my.cnf.bk