- Plesk for Windows
ASP Classic pages not working properly. The following error message displayed when you open site from the server itself.
CONFIG_TEXT: HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found
The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler
CONFIG_TEXT: HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found
The requested content appears to be script and will not be served by the static file handler.
1) Handler mapping was not configured.
2) 32-bit mode is disabled in Application pool for domain.
Via Plesk Interface:
- Log into Plesk.
- Go to Domains > example.com > Hosting Settings and enable Microsoft ASP Support:
Manually via RDP:
- Log into the server via RDP.
- Go to IIS > Sites > example.com > Handler Mapping > Add Script Map.
- Enter the following information:
CONFIG_TEXT: RequestPath: *.asp
Request Restrictions: File
- Make sure that Application pool works in 32-bit mode via IIS > Application Pools >
DOMAIN_APP_POOL_NAME> Advanced Settings and set Enable 32-bit applications to True: