- Plesk 12.5 for Linux
- Plesk 12.0 for Linux
- Plesk 9.x and below for Linux
Plesk installation or upgrade fails:
ERROR while trying to check the host name
Your host name must resolve to the correct IP address of your server, unless you are using network address translation (NAT).
Please quit Parallels Installer, fix the host name resolution problem, and they try installing again.
Plesk for Linux performs additional checks for the
. It checks that:
hostnamecan be resolved.
The IP address for this hostname from the /etc/hosts file and the DNS query match.
can not be resolved properly or server IP address mismatches with hostname from
Specify the full hostname of the server in the form of "hostname.example.com" instead of just "hostname". The server should also be pinged by hostname. Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
1. Run the command below to specify a new hostname for the server, e.g., "plesk.yourdomain.com":
# hostname plesk.yourdomain.com
2. Add the following line to the /etc/hosts file, where "ip.address" is the real IP address of the server:
ip.address.of.your.server plesk.yourdomain.com plesk
3. Change the following variable in the /etc/sysconfig/network file:
4. Restart the network service:
# /etc/init.d/network restart