- Plesk for Linux
Few or all of the domains are showing the Apache default page (not the Plesk default page).
Apache doesn't reach the configurations added by Plesk.
Note: Configuration location may be a bit different, depending on OS and apache version. For Debian based systems, path will contain
, for Red-Hat like systems path will contain
Make sure that the domain name resolves to the same IP address on which the domain's hosting is set up in Plesk. Apache and IIS virtual hosts are created to strictly match the hostname and IP address and, if a request for a domain comes to an IP address other than the one specified in the virtual host configuration, the request will be handled by the default virtual host and the Web Server's Default Page will be displayed.
To find out the IP address the virtual host uses, check hosting settings of the domain ( Domains > example.com > Web Hosting Access. Then, compare this IP address with the IP address the domain resolves into. In addition, try verifying the DNS record against several DNS servers, including your own (see KB article #213912165 for more information on how to trace name resolution problems):
If a mismatch is found, change the DNS records or reassign the domain to correct the IP address.
- Make sure that the website has content and the website root is correct. It can be verified in Plesk > Domains > example.com > File Manager.
- Make sure that there is no additional index.html file along with index.php. File index.html has more priority and will be loaded first.
Try opening a non-default document for the domain (http://example.com). Open a particular page, for example, http://www.example.com/mytest.html (the mytest.html file should be in the domain's httpdocs folder). If it works, the domain is most likely missing an index page, or this page is not listed in the DirectoryIndex directive in the main Apache configuration file ( httpd.conf ).
Index files usually have names such as "index.html," "index.php," and so on, but you can add your own names. You can modify DirectoryIndex in httpd.conf to match your needs, for example:
DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml index.php index.php3 my_index.html
Then, restart Apache for these changes to take effect.
Try rebuilding the Apache configuration files for the domain:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain <domain_name>
# plesk repair web
<domain_name>with the actual domain name.
If the issue occurs for all domains, you can run this command:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
nginxis installed, but not used, try turning on and turn off
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/nginxmng -e
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/nginxmng -d
nginxis used, check its status:
# /etc/init.d/nginx status
nginx dead but pid file exists
To fix the issue, follow the steps below:
7.1. Disable the nginx service:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng -d
7.2. Enable the nginx service once again:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng -e
zz010_psa_httpd.confis present in
# ln -s /etc/apache2/conf.d/zz010_psa_httpd.conf /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/
- Make sure that the following line is present and not commented in
Note: Apache restart will be required.
- Make sure that apache restart interval is not set to a high volume like 99999, this may cause default page after Plesk updates installation. It can be changed in Plesk > Tools & Settings > Apache Web Server
If the issue persists, or during the troubleshooting, the error was encountered, please check for the following available articles or search the solution in Knowledge Base :
- Roundcube shows Apache test page after login if LiteSpeed is used
- Website shows Plesk default page on Plesk behind NAT or running on Amazon AWS
- Unable to reconfigure website that shows Apache default page: Unknown Authz provider: valid-user
- Horde webmail shows Apache default page: Options FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that RewriteRule directive is forbidden: /usr/share/psa-horde/
- Websites are showing default Apache page with custom vhosts template
- Website shows 403 Forbidden: AH01276: Cannot serve directory /var/www/html/: No matching DirectoryIndex
- 403 Forbidden is shown on all websites after dist-upgrade: No matching DirectoryIndex (none) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive
#115001463089 [HUB] 502 Bad gateway
#115001611805 [HUB] 504 Gateway Timeout
#115001745365 [HUB] 99: Cannot assign requested address and AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address
#115001874705 [HUB] 403 Forbidden
#213415429 [HUB] Unable to login to Plesk
#115002107425 [HUB] 503 Service Unavailable