It is not possible to complete a migration. The following errors can be found in Plesk:
rsync execution error: Error in rsync protocol data stream (12).
ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [Receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(226) [Receiver=3.1.0]
Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -l --chmod=Fu=rw,go=,Du=rwx,go= -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20161006075021/ssh-keys/id_rsa.example.com -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20161006075021/ssh_upload.2 email@example.com:/tmp/panel_migrator/my_localhost_redlion_dev.cnf
exit code: 255
stderr: ssh: connect to host example.com port 22: Connection timed out
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(605) [sender=3.0.9]
On the source server
/var/log/messagescontains the following:
sshd: reverse mapping checking getaddrinfo for ip-2-113-0-203.example.com [203.0.113.2] failed - POSSIBLE BREAK-IN ATTEMPT!
sshd: Accepted password for root from 203.0.113.2 port 59580 ssh2
sshd: Received disconnect from 203.0.113.2: Disconnect
- There is no reverse DNS setup for the server hostname that is used.
- The "POSSIBLE BREAK-IN ATTEMPT" part specifically is related to the "reverse mapping checking getaddrinfo failed" part. It means that the connected host has incorrectly configured forward or reverse DNS.
/etc/hostsincludes a wrong IP address for the source server hostname, migration will fail without any DNS query. Also, it depends on the "hosts" entry of
- Setup PTR record on the DNS server in use.
- Define correct entry for the source server hostname on the destination server in
- As an alternative, set "UseDNS" value to "no" in
/etc/ssh/sshd_configon the source server and reload