- Plesk for Windows
- Website is loading continuously without showing any errors.
- After huge amount of time, loading can fall with the following error:
CONFIG_TEXT: 500 - Internal Server Error
- No other errors can be observed.
Application Pool misconfiguration that leads to inability to spawn the worker process.
It is required to re-create the application pool and the site in IIS.
Log into the server via RDP.
Identify what Application Pool is the website assigned to via IIS > Sites > example.com > View Applications > Application Pool:
- Remove the site from IIS by right click on it and press Remove.
Warning: in case the site was using plesk(default) application pool, skip step 4 and proceed with step 5.
- Remove the application pool that was identified on step 2 via IIS > Application Pools > example.com(domain).
- Re-create the site and application pool, on Plesk server it is possible with the following command executed via the command line:
C:\> plesk repair web example.com