- Plesk 11.x for Windows
- Plesk 12.0 for Windows
- Plesk 12.5 for Windows
- Plesk Onyx for Windows
An antivirus software (e.g. Symantec Endpoint Protection) is installed on the server.
Plesk Management Service cannot be started as well as Plesk Services Monitor.
One or more of the following symptoms may apply:
- Unable to access Plesk with the error in a web browser:
500 Internal Server Error
Exception: Unable to get administrator password: The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2) at Unable to connect to pipe \\.\pipe\P_b8749bf7-4189-4185-88cf-43f1d86c8765<br> at (Con::ClientOverlappedPipe::create line 503)<br> at get shared instance of PleskSrvClient(PleskSrvClient::getInstance line 334)<br> at (zif_get_admin_password line 260)
%plesk_dir%admin\logs\php_error.logthe following can be found:
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function of_get_key_by_product() in C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\functions.php on line 3070
- Warnings about missing files or libraries can be found:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\modules\dll_name.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
Plesk binaries and .dll libraries are treated by the antivirus as threats and it quarantines or removes them.
1. Add the Plesk installation directory to the antivirus's exceptions.
2. In the antivirus's quarantine and logs, check which Plesk binaries and .dll libraries were quarantined or removed from the Plesk directory (by default, it is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\ or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\).
Note: The operations should be performed via RDP connection. for more information on how to perform these actions on the antivirus, refer to the corresponding documentation.
3. Restore the found files if possible or contact Plesk Technical Support in order to restore the corrupted files.
Plesk is inaccessible after installing updates: Unable to get administrator password: The system cannot find the file specified. (Error code 2)
Unable to access Plesk: Internal server error - Unable to connect to pipe
Cannot send/receive emails