Sent email return with the error:
MailEnable: Message delivery has been delayed.
MailEnable: Message could not be delivered to some recipients.
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
Reason: Mail server for server.tld is not contactable. Message has expired and has been returned to Sender.
This message means that the SMTP connector is not configured correctly. The following setting should be correctly setup:
Mail Enable Administrator > Servers > localhost > Connectors > SMTP > Properties
- DNS server should be valid. It must resolve any correct host name.
- Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) should be properly resolved in DNS.
- Bound IPs for SMTP should have correctly resolvable PTR DNS records ( Mail Enable Administrator > Servers > localhost > Connectors > SMTP > Properties > Inbound tab)
This can be checked using http://www.dnsstuff.com
Go to Reverse DNS lookup section and type your IP(s) that are bound by SMTP. Request should return a valid host name or domain.
- If these parameters are set up correctly, the file should also be correct:
"%plesk_dir%\\Mail Servers\\Mail Enable\\Config\\ADDRESS-MAP.TAB"
The first line should be the following:
[SMTP:*] 0 System
- Check, if your server can access remote SMTP servers.
You can check it using telnet tool, connection output should look as follows.
telnet mail.mailinator.com. 25
Connected to mail.mailinator.com..
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail.mailinator.com ESMTP Postfix