How to configure name server settings (DNS) for domain example.com on registrar's side?
Once domain example.com has been deployed and configured in Plesk, it requires to reserve and configure it properly on domain name registrar's side to make it available broadcast on Internet.
There are two possible ways on how to manage DNS records with Plesk:
Use DNS server installed on Plesk server . In that case it requires to specify domain name server on registrar's side and all DNS settings will be stored on Plesk side.
Use external name servers (for example the ones which is provided by registrar or ISP)
Steps below describes how to setup Plesk name server ( ns1.example.com for example.com domain) for most popular domain name registrars:
1. Login to your 123-reg control panel.
2. In the Domain names section, select the relevant domain name in the drop-down list and click on the Manage button.
3. Select the Change Nameservers option.
4. Enter your nameserver records into the relevant boxes. If the IP addresses are required you will be asked for these as well.
5. Click on the Change Nameservers (DNS) button.
Refer How do I change the nameservers for my domain name? article on 123-reg.co.uk website
1. Log in to Directnic Dashboard
2. Go to the “My Services” tab in the navigation bar, click on "Domains" in the drop-down menu
3. Click on the domain name which has to be updated
4. In the "Details" section click the "Edit" link next to Name Servers
5. Select the default name server profile whcih have to be assigned or enter a new default name server profile and click the "Submit" button
Refer How do I modify name servers for my domain name? article on DirectNIC website.
1. Click on My Domains at the top of the Account Management interface.
2. Click the domain for nameserver should be updated.
3. Click Register Nameserver.
4. Enter the hostname (for example: ns1.example.com) for nameserver.
5. Enter the IP address for this nameserver in the four text boxes that are provided. Enter each octet of nameserver's IP address in its respective text box.
6. Click Update.
7. Repeat steps 3 through 6 for second nameserver.
Refer Tutorial: Updating DNS settings at dotster.com article on Dotster website
1. Sign in to Dynadot account.
2. Select "Manage" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Name Servers" icon.
4. Click on the "Name Servers" tab and set nameservers.
Refer How do I set my name servers for my domain? article on DynaDot website
1. Log into Enom account.
2. Under the menu option Domains, click My Domains.
3. Click on the domain name you wish to work with.
4. Click on DNS Server Settings or select DNS Server Settings from the Manage Domain drop-down list.
5. Choose Our Servers to use the name servers supplied by Enom, or Custom to enter own name servers addresses. If Custom is chosen, it allows to enter up to 5 name servers (e.g., ns1.example.com).
6. Click Save.
Refer How to Change Domain Nameservers (DNS) article on Enom website
Since GoDaddy provides a bunch of hosting related services there are several different options on how to set up name servers which can be found in articles Add my own host names as nameservers and Set custom nameservers for domains registered with GoDaddy.
1. Sign into Namecheap account
2. Mouse over the Account option in the upper right corner of the page and choose Domain List or select the Domain List menu in the left sidebar.
3. Click on the Manage option in front of the domain name
4. Click on the Advanced DNS tab and find the Personal DNS Servers section > click on the Add Nameserver button.
5. Select the hostname of the server to be modified from the drop-down menu for Nameserver and assign an IPv4 IP address to it.
6. After that, click on the Done button.
Refer How do I register personal nameservers for my domain? article on Namecheap website.
1. Click Manage Host Servers at the bottom left of the interface.
2. Enter nameserverʼs hostname (for example: ns1.example.com) in the ﬁrst text box.
3. Click Continue.
4. Enter the IP address of a nameserver.
5. Click Continue.
6. Conﬁrm the changes to the host server.
7. Click Apply Change.
8. Click Back to Account Manager Home.
9. Click OK.
Refer Create A New Name Server article on Network Solutions website
1. Click Name Servers at the top of the interface.
2. Scroll down, and click Create or modify a name server which is based on...
3. Scroll down.
4. Enter the name (for example: ns1) for your ﬁrst nameserver.
5. Enter the nameserverʼs IP address.
6. Click Create Name Server.
Refer Creating or Modifying Nameservers in the Manage Web Interface (MWI) article on OpenSRS website
1. Click on example.com domain name.
2. Click the Advanced Technical Settings link.
3. Click Manage Registered Name Servers.
4. Scroll down to REGISTER NAME SERVER.
5. Enter the desired preﬁx for the first nameserver (for example: ns1).
6. Enter the IP Address (A Record) in the next text box.
7. Click Continue.