- Plesk for Linux
Domains are not working
Unable to recreate configuration files after Plesk update:
PLESK_ERROR: New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: Can not restart web server: httpd stop failed 0 /usr/sbin/httpd processes are killed httpd stop failed 0 /usr/sbin/httpd processes are killed INFO: [Tue Apr 30 06:28:16 EDT 2019]: Service: httpd, Action: start Trying to start service httpd... failed Apr 30 06:28:16 example.com httpd: (98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:7080
Apache start from the bash fails with the following error:
Note: Port may be also 80. In case nginx is active, ports may be 7080, 7081.
# service apache2 start
* Starting web server apache2
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:443
no listening sockets available, shutting down
The following error may appear when trying to stop Apache:
# service apache2 stop
* Stopping web server apache2
* There are processes named 'apache2' running which do not match your pid file which are left untouched in the name of safety, Please review the situation by hand.
Another process already uses 443 (80, 7080, 7081) port and Apache cannot bind to it.
Connect to the server via SSH
- Find what service listens to 443 or 80 port or specify the port displayed in the error:
# netstat -tulpn | grep :443
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:443 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 484 /haproxy
- It is not expected that "haproxy" or another service except "apache/httpd" or "nginx" listens to 443 port, so it should be stopped:
# service haproxy stop
- In case any other process is running using this port or "apache/httpd" process, it also should be killed:
# kill -9 484
- In case "nginx" service is using the reported port, try to perform the following:
- Re-enable "nginx" proxy mode at Home > Tools & Settings > Services Management by clicking stop and start:
- Via CLI:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/nginxmng -d
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/nginxmng -e
Inspect server with RKhunter extension if required.