- Plesk for Linux
1. Domains are not working.
2. Apache start from the bash fails with the following error:
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:443 no listening sockets available, shutting down
Port may be also 80. In case nginx is active, ports may be 7080, 7081.
3. The following errors can be shown trying to start/stop Apache:
# service apache2 start
* Starting web server apache2
(98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:7080
(98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:7080
no listening sockets available, shutting down
AH00015: Unable to open logs
Action 'start' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
# service apache2 stop
* Stopping web server apache2
* There are processes named 'apache2' running which do not match your pid file which are left untouched in the name of safety, Please review the situation by hand.
Another process already uses 443 (80, 7080, 7081) port and Apache cannot bind to it.
Connect to the server using SSH.
- Find what service listens to 443 port (specify the port displayed in the error):
# netstat -tunap | grep :443
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:443 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 484/haproxy
- It is not expected that "haproxy" or another service except "apache/httpd" or "nginx" listens to 443 port, so it should be stopped:
# service haproxy stop
- In case any other process is running using this port or "apache/httpd" process, it also should be killed:
# kill -9 484
- In case "nginx" service is using the reported port, try to perform the following:
- Re-enable "nginx" proxy mode at Home > Tools & Settings > Services Management by clicking stop and start:
- or using the command line:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/nginxmng -d
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/nginxmng -e