Unable to list APS applications: Search results could not be loaded at the moment

Created:

2016-11-16 12:52:19 UTC

Modified:

2017-08-16 17:37:33 UTC

1

Was this article helpful?


Have more questions?

Submit a request

Unable to list APS applications: Search results could not be loaded at the moment

Applicable to:

  • Plesk 10.x for Linux
  • Plesk 11.x for Linux
  • Plesk 12.0 for Linux

Symptoms

Unable to list APS applications for a domain:

Search results could not be loaded at the moment

Log file /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log contains the following record:

ERR (3): APS Catalog error: Unable to define main IP address

Cause

No "main" IP address in Plesk database:

mysql> select id, ip_address, main from IP_Addresses;
+----+-----------------+-------+
| id | ip_address | main |
+----+----------------+-------+
| 1 | 10.10.10.10 | false |
| 2 | 20.20.20.20 | false |
+----+----------------+-------+

Resolution

  • Connect to the server via SSH .
  • Reread the IP addresses from Plesk at Tools and Settings > IP addresses , or run the following command:

    # /usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage --reread

  • If the solution above did not help, apply the solution below:
    1. Create a backup of psa database:

      # plesk db dump psa > psa.sql

    2. Connect to psa database in MySQL console:

      # plesk db

    3. Change value of main to true for one of the IP addresses:

      MYSQL_LIN: UPDATE IP_Addresses set main='true' WHERE ip_address='10.10.10.10';

Have more questions? Submit a request

2 Comments

  • 0
    Avatar
    adrianTNT

    On plesk 17.0.17 I am trying to upgrade to 17.5.3 and I am getting:

    Plesk pre-upgrade check
    WARNING: Unable to find "main" IP address in psa database. Please, check http://kb.plesk.com/en/112417 for more details.
     
    I ran: 
     
    # /usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage --reread
     
    No change.
     
    So for me this is just another inaccurate article.

    I edited in "Server: localhost:3306 »Database: psa »Table: IP_Addresses" and set the "main" field to true for main ip. 
    Now it works.
     
    BTW, in another table (phpmyadmin > psa database > ip_pool) I see the IPs having same "1" id field, looks like a bug to me, maybe someone used bad table schema when defining the ip_pool table ?! If so, nobody cares I guess.
     
  • 0
    Avatar
    Konstantin Annikov

    adrianTNT, 

    Thank you for your input. We have modified the article for the cases when reread does not fix the inconsistency (that case is not typical one. I have tested that in our environment and reread changes 'main' field to true automatically)

     

    As for ip_pool table, several same ids are being added by design. Let me explain that: 

    ip_pool.id value is connected with clients.ip_pool column. So, every customer has one IP pool assigned. And if a customer has several IP addresses, the same amount of entries with common id will be displayed in ip_pool table.  

    Edited by Konstantin Annikov
Please sign in to leave a comment.