- Plesk 12.5 for Linux
- Plesk Onyx for Linux
Can not establish an FTP connection.
1. Checking the status of xinetd service (which includes FTP) the following error lines are shown:
# systemctl status xinetd
xinetd: EXIT: ftp status=1 pid=1372 duration=0(sec)
xinetd: START: ftp pid=3289 from=::ffff:192.0.2.2
proftpd: fatal: ScoreboardFile: : unable to use '/var/run/proftpd/scoreboard': No such file or directory on line 28 of '/etc/proftpd.conf'
2. While checking
, it can be seen that ScoreboardFile is pointing to
# egrep -i scoreboard /etc/proftpd.conf
# Nov 17 16:06:40 plesk.example.com proftpd: fatal: ScoreboardFile: : unable to use '/var/run/proftpd/scoreboard': No such file or directory on line 28 of '/etc/proftpd.conf'
1. Scoreboard file points to a path mounted as temporal filesystem, and after reboot Scoreboard file, or folder containing this file was removed.
2. Scoreboard file was removed from the system.
1. Please login to the server over SSH.
2. Then copy these files in required directory:
# cp /etc/proftpd.d/scorboard/* /var/run/proftpd/
Or correct proftpd.conf to required directory:
3. Then restart xinetd service:
# service xinetd restart
For more details on how scoreboard file works please refer to the following documentation: