- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- Plesk 12.5 for Linux
- Installation of application in Domains > example.com > Website & Settings > Applications > Install application or an attempt to access WordPress Toolkit page fails with the error:
PLESK_INFO: Exception: ODBC error #08S01: [unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
- The same error is shown while accessing Plesk > Tools & Settings > Application Vault
MySQL service is running.
link does not exist.
- Connect to the server via SSH
- Make sure that MySQL is running. If not try to start it. If yes, this solution is not applicable.
# ls -l /tmp/mysql.sock
ls: cannot access /tmp/mysql.sock: No such file or directory
- Create the link if it does not exist:
# ln -s /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /tmp/mysql.sock