- Plesk for Windows
How to change the port for the Plesk interface on Windows?
Warning: For many systems, Plesk must be accessible on the default ports. Port 8443 is used by external management and provisioning systems (Odin Service Automation, OBA-S, Customer & Business Manager) to communicate with Plesk, while port 8880 is required by Web Presence Builder and for integration with Virtuozzo containers offline management services.
Warning: The migration manager does not work with custom Plesk ports. In case custom ports are set to Plesk, migration between two Plesk panels will fail.
Warning: Any customization made on this matter is bound to be reverted back eventually on a Plesk update.
If it is required to make Plesk accessible on a custom port, it is better to add binding to the
website in IIS:
- Connect to the server using RDP.
- Go to Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager > Sites > right-click on PleskControlPanel > Edit bindings.. > Add...
- Specify the protocol, IP address (or leave default value), and port. If the https protocol is selected, it is necessary to select the SSL certificate from the drop-down menu.
- Apply the new bindings and restart the
- Make sure that the firewall allows incoming connections to the TCP port, as defined in the new binding.
Note: Default bindings will be restored if the Plesk installation is repaired with Plesk Reconfigurator ( Plesk Reconfigurator > Repair Plesk Installation > Plesk Services and click Check).