Important: Plesk must be accessible on default ports. Port 8443 is used by external management and provisioning systems (Odin Service Automation, OBA-S, Customer & Business Manager) to communicate with Plesk, while port 8880 is required by Web Presence Builder and for integration with Virtuozzo containers offline management services.
If you need to make Plesk accessible on a custom port, it is better to add binding to the
PleskControlPanel website in IIS:
- Log in to the server using Remote Desktop.
- Go to Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager → Sites → Right-click on PleskControlPanel → Edit bindings...
- Specify the protocol, IP address (or leave default value), and port. If the https protocol is selected, it is necessary to select the SSL certificate from the drop-down menu.
- Apply the new bindings and restart the
- Make sure that the firewall allows incoming connections to the TCP port, as defined in the new binding.
Note: Default bindings will be restored if the Plesk installation is repaired with Plesk Reconfigurator ( Plesk Reconfigurator → Repair Plesk Installation → Select Plesk Services and click Check ).