Unable to login to Plesk:
PLESK_ERROR: Access for administrator from address 203.0.113.2 is restricted in accordance with IP Access restriction policy currently applied.
Plesk IP access policy that is configured in Plesk > Tools and Settings > Restrict Administrative Access does not allow to log in from the current IP.
Disable IP Restriction Policy in Plesk database on a server directly:
1. Connect to the server using RDP
2.1 Open Windows Command Prompt (CMD) in a Windows server: Right-click the Start charm, and then click Command Prompt (Admin).
2.2 Insert the following command to backup Plesk database:
C:\> plesk db dump > C:\psa_backup.sql
3. Access Plesk database: type this command in the Command prompt to access Plesk database:
C:\> plesk db
3. To clear the access policy settings, remove all records from "cp_access" table and set the policy to allow:
MYSQL_WIN: delete from cp_access;
MYSQL_WIN: update misc set val='allow' where param='access_policy';
1. Connect to the server using SSH
2. Backup current Plesk database: in a command prompt, execute the following command to create a backup:
# plesk db dump > psa_backup.sql
# plesk db
4. To clear the access policy settings, remove all records from "cp_access" table and set the policy to allow:
MYSQL_LIN: mysql> delete from cp_access;
MYSQL_LIN: mysql> update misc set val="allow" where param='access_policy';