- Plesk for Linux
- Plesk for Windows
example.comshows Plesk Default Page or Default Apache Page (Default Webserver Page)
- Plesk server is behind NAT, configured with internal IP addresses.
- Domain example.com resolves to a public IP address:
# dig +short example.com
- In Linux, running tcpdump utility in Plesk server shows that domain's traffic goes to internal IP 192.0.2.2 with the following command:
Note: IP 203.0.113.5 represents the public IP address where the website is requested from.
# tcpdump -n "dst port 80 and src host 203.0.113.5"
05:22:50.870868 IP 203.0.113.5.57486 > 192.0.2.2.http: Flags [F.], seq 1635309888, ack 2130394795, win 16425, length 0
- In Windows, Plesk may not be accessible:
CONFIG_TEXT: This site can't be reached
Incorrect IP address mapping in Plesk.
- Login into Plesk GUI
Note: If Plesk is inaccessible, same steps can be applied in Plesk for Windows via RDP
Map external IP address 203.0.113.2 as Public IP address in Tools & Settings > IP Addresses > 192.0.2.2 > OK:
- Go to Domains > example.com > Web Hosting Access and ensure that the domain's IP address shows the domain's public IP address.
- If the issue persists and the changes are not reflecting on the website, contact a network administrator to ensure that NAT translation for the domain is properly configured in the external firewall.