- Plesk 12.0 for Linux
- Plesk 12.5 for Linux
- Plesk Onyx for Linux
How to migrate from cPanel to Plesk using Plesk Migrator?
Any of those 3 methods can be used:
Migration from UI (Plesk web interface) is the most simple way to migrate from cPanel:
- Login to Plesk
- Install Plesk Migrator: go to Extensions > open Plesk Migrator under Server Tools or use search bar to find the extension > click Install:
- When it is installed, go to Extensions > My Extensions > click Go to Extension next to Plesk Migrator
- Click Start a New Migration
- Switch to cPanel and enter the source server's IP address (replace the example below with the real source server IP), specify the SSH port as well (22 by default), the login and password of a root user on the source server:
- Click Prepare Migration. Read about further steps in Plesk Migration Guide.
To migrate from cPanel via command line use steps below:
Install Plesk Migrator: go to Extensions > open Plesk Migrator under Server Tools or use search bar to find the extension > click Install:
- Connect to the server via SSH
confdirectory if it does not exist:
# mkdir /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/conf
Change the working directory:
# cd /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/conf/
Create configuration file
config.iniin the current directory with content:
# cat /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/conf/config.ini
NOTE: If any PostgreSQL databases from cPanel server should be migrated, make sure to specify the PostgreSQL administrator password in the
Generate the migration list file:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/panel-migrator/plesk-migrator generate-migration-list
It can be edited to remove domains that should not be migrated, and assign domains to service plans:
# vi /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/migration-session/migration-list
Start the migration:
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules/panel-migrator/plesk-migrator transfer-accounts
For additional information check Migrating via the Command Line section of Migration Guide.
If it's required to let Plesk professionals handle the migration or upgrade job, check out Plesk professional services options at: https://www.plesk.com/professional-services/
If there is no SSH access to the cPanel server as root, then the migration of websites is also possible, but using a different method: Website Migration feature of the Plesk Migrator Extension.
Check this guide for all additional details: Website Migration documentation.