Software Update Service (SUS) is the software maintenance program allowing customers to perform a major version upgrade to a newer version free of charge and get technical assistance for the supported Plesk versions for perpetual licenses' owners.
- SUS for Lease licenses (that are paid for on a monthly or yearly basis) does not have an expiration date; it is valid as long as the license is valid.
- SUS for Perpetual/Purchased* licenses (that are 1 time purchases) is activated for one year with the initial purchase and can be renewed before the expiration date for 25% of the base retail price of your license key(s).
If SUS expired, you can order SUS Reinstatement, which costs 65% of the license key price.
Important SUS details for Perpetual/Purchased licenses:
- SUS is included with your initial license fee(s) and is active for a period of 12 months from the time of purchase.
- SUS is required to update your software licenses to new releases.
- SUS is required to get technical assistance for supported Plesk versions.
- SUS is an optional service for license owners.
- SUS can be renewed only while it is active.
- SUS can be renewed yearly for 25% of the retail price of your license key(s).
- If SUS expired, it can be reinstated for 65% of the retail license key price..
- SUS is not transferable and is issued to a specific software license key and its owner.
- SUS expiration date is not displayed in the control panel license management menu. See how to check an exact SUS expiration date .
See how to renew SUS here.
For any assistance, please contact the Plesk Sales team.
NOTE: Plesk has stopped selling new Plesk perpetual licenses as of September 12, 2012. After this date, you can still purchase Plesk lease licenses. Any licenses that have already been created will not be affected by this change. Existing licenses stay fully functional.