- Plesk 12.0 for Linux
- Plesk 12.0 for Windows
- Plesk 12.5 for Linux
- Plesk 12.5 for Windows
- Plesk Obsidian
- Plesk Onyx
- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- Plesk Onyx for Windows
What are Plesk editions and the difference between them?
Starting with Plesk 12.x licenses are shipped in four editions optimized for specific needs:
Plesk Web Admin Edition for Web Admins, who manage sites for an employer, a business, or for themselves. They want simple website and domain management without all of the service provider overhead, like management of customers, resellers or subscriptions.
Plesk Web Pro Edition for Web Professionals, who design, develop, and deploy their websites. They want a simple way to manage their customers' websites, including their growing use of WordPress as a CMS platform.
Plesk Web Host Edition for "Traditional" Web Hosters, who allow their customers to use their shared account in almost any configuration they want. They want secure WordPress and domain management tools to support their multi-tenant, "install anything" customers.
Plesk Web Admin SE - Similar to standard Web Admin Edition but available only on some Clouds.
Each edition has features that are in demand by a particular group and is defined by license key. Please refer to the article How to upgrade or downgrade a license between Plesk editions for information about available upgrades between Plesk editions.
Note: Web Admin Edition/SE enables 'Power User' view only. Licenses for Web Pro Edition and Web Host Edition enable both 'Power User' and 'Service Provider' views.
|FEATURES||WEB ADMIN SE||WEB ADMIN||WEB PRO||WEB HOST|
|Domains and Use Case||Up to 3 domains||Up to 10 domains||Up to 30 domains||Unlimited domains|
|Service Provider Management|
|User Interface Description|
|Power User view (server + site admin)||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Service provider view & custom view management||no||no||yes||yes|
|MSSQL and PostgreSQL||no||no||yes||yes|
SE Only (Limited features)
SE Only (Limited features)
|Cgroups Manager||not supported||not supported||yes||yes|
|Plesk mobile manager||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Security Core with ModSecurity Rules by Atomicorp||yes (free version)||yes (free version)||yes (free version)||yes (free version)|
|Plesk Email Security||yes (free version)||yes (free version)||yes (free version)||yes (free version)|
|Mail and Users|
|Number of Mailboxes||3||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
- VPS - fits different virtualization platforms: Virtuozzo (Virtual Private Server (VPS) Containers and VMs), VMware, Xen, Hyper-V, OpenVZ. See the full list of supported virtualization solutions in Plesk Obsidian Release Notes.License types are based on the operating environment in which Plesk will be running:
- Dedicated - can be installed on either a VPS or on a dedicated server.
Since Plesk 12, there are no longer any "Plesk for Windows" and "Plesk for Linux" licenses. Now, you can install the same license on either a Windows or Linux server.
- ColdFusion is not supported since Plesk 12.5.
- ModSecurity is supported in both Plesk for Linux and for Windows. It works as a web server (Apache or IIS) module.
- DNSSEC is an extension for Plesk Onyx and Obsidian, see for more details: https://www.plesk.com/extensions/dnssec-manager/. Since November 7, 2016, free DNSSEC is included in
Web Hosteditions for free.
- SE Only - Limited Features Edition