- Plesk for Linux
Note: This is a troubleshooting article for Plesk server only that may require basic technical knowledge and SSH/RDP connection to the server. If you don't have SSH/RDP credentials, contact server's administrator or hosting support that hosts your server. Solution without SSH is possible only on Plesk Onyx 17.8.
General troubleshooting steps for Plesk Onyx 17.8
- Click Open Repair Kit and log in with Plesk admin credentials.
- Try to free up disk space
- If it was successful, try starting MySQL/MariaDB service by clicking Restart Processes
- If it was successfully started, click Log In to Plesk button
- If the issue persists, connect to the server via SSH and free up disk space or apply the instruction below.
This error usually means that MySQL is down or it is not working properly. Such behavior can occur after a system update, sudden OS shutdown or after incorrect actions with packages. The following steps should be done in order to troubleshoot the issue and find the cause of it:
Log in to the server console or run Terminal and make sure that the server has enough free disk space and inodes:
# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/ploop21792p1 40G 4.9G 33G 13% /
none 1.5G 4.0K 1.5G 1% /dev
none 1.5G 0 1.5G 0% /dev/shm
# df -i
Filesystem Inodes IUsed IFree IUse% Mounted on
/dev/ploop21792p1 2621440 180351 2441089 7% /
none 393216 152 393064 1% /dev
none 393216 1 393215 1% /dev/shm
Note: All the listed partitions should have free disk space.
- Try to start MySQL service:
# service mysqld start
# service mariadb start
Note: On different OS versions the service may be
- If the service failed to start, try to find the error in service status:
# service mysqld statusor check service log located at
# service mariadb status
Note: The location of log may be also
If you've found the following error "
InnoDB log sequence number is in the future"please check the following article: #213939865
The most popular issues are described below as well. Use the error from the output and try to find a solution in our knowledgebase