- Plesk for Windows
One of the errors below can be observed with Plesk File Manager:click on a section to expand
Cannot change file permissions at at Domains > example.com > File Manager:
PLESK_ERROR: filemng failed: Unable to get the object (C:\Inetpub\vhosts\example.com\httpdocs\path\file) security info: (5) Access is denied.
- Unable to access file or directory in File Manager with the following error:
PLESK_ERROR: Unable to open the directory: Unable to find the directory C:\Inetpub\vhosts\example.com\httpdocs: Access denied
- Unable to create zip archive in File Manager:
PLESK_ERROR: Permission denied
PLESK_ERROR: Unable to create the archive: 7-Zip  16.04
Items to compress: 14161 WARNING: Access is denied
WARNING: Cannot open 13 files at (CreateZip::onRunAsUser line 2783).
- Unable to rename/create file(or directory)/access domain's document root in File Manager with the following error:
PLESK_ERROR: Access denied
- 'Change Permissions' option in File Manager shows all the boxes are unmarked for the subscription system user, the permissions get automatically reset
Cannot open PHP Info page at Domains > example.com > PHP Settings > View the phpinfo() page:
- Unable to install Let's Encrypt certificate for a domain in Plesk with error below:
PLESK_ERROR: Status: 403
Detail: The key authorization file from the server did not match this challenge
Website may be inaccessible with:
CONFIG_TEXT: 500 Internal server error
%plesk_dir%admin\logs\php_error.logshows the following details with enabled debug:
CONFIG_TEXT: ErrorDetails="Access is denied. (Error code 5) at retrieves attributes for file or directory
The system user does not have permissions to access subscription directories or incorrect security settings in
Connect to the server using RDP.
Note: if direct RDP access to the server is not possible, contact server administrator for further assistance.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator and execute the following command:
C:\> "%plesk_cli%\repair.exe" --repair-webspace-security -webspace-name example.com -all-filesystem-objects
- If there is
%plesk_dir%\etc\DiskSecurity\permissions.xmlfile for customizing permissions, review the file and remove the folders of the domain in question
If the solution did not work, apply correct permissions manually:
Right-click Properties in
, then go to Security > Advanced > change current owner with webuser > Check Replace owner on subcontainers and objects. Also, make sure that inheritance is enabled including child objects and IWPG user has full access and not inherited permissions from parent folder.