- Plesk for Windows
- Unable to access file or directory in File Manager with the following error:
PLESK_ERROR: Unable to open the directory: Unable to find the directory C:\Inetpub\vhosts\example.com\httpdocs: Access denied
- Unable to create zip archive in File Manager:
PLESK_ERROR: Permission denied
- Unable to rename/create file(or directory)/access domain's document root in File Manager with the following error:
PLESK_ERROR: Access denied
- Unable to install Let's Encrypt certificate for a domain in Plesk:
Error: Could not issue a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for example.com.
The authorization token is not available at http://example.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/TEVVIggXJr2wIfgXHswrVzKhY_Vl4FRDlg8gxE9jeFg.
To resolve the issue, make it possible to download the token file from the URL above.
See the related Knowledge Base article for details.
Invalid response from https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz/0X3TgeS_0p0S_-gUjxcFpIX7KUgr0RBgSQ3J4HNmadY.
Detail: The key authorization file from the server did not match this challenge [TEVVIggXJr2wIfgXHswrVzKhY_Vl4FRDlg8gxE9jeFg.uprcbKEM_iGGF4EfQso0mx1-kYBMfN6vybiR7TJS114] != 
- 'Change Permissions' option in File Manager shows all the boxes are unmarked for the subscription system user.
Cannot change permissions to folder (e.g. the App_Data): the permissions get automatically reset
Website may be inaccessible with:
CONFIG_TEXT: 500 Internal server error
The system user does not have permissions to access subscription directories or incorrect security settings in
Connect to the server using RDP.
Note: if direct RDP access to the server is not possible, contact server administrator for further assistance.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator and execute the following command:
C:\> "%plesk_cli%\repair.exe" --repair-webspace-security -webspace-name example.com -all-filesystem-objects
- If there is
%plesk_dir%\etc\DiskSecurity\permissions.xmlfile this is for customizing permissions, review the file and remove the folders of the domain in question
If the solution did not work, apply correct permissions manually:
Right-click Properties in
, then go to Security > Advanced > change current owner with webuser > Check Replace owner on subcontainers and objects. Also, make sure that inheritance is enabled including child objects and IWPG user has full access and not inherited permissions from parent folder.