- Plesk for Linux
- Plesk for Windows
Messages are placed to the
Spamfolder or not delivered at all when sending to external mail servers like @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, @me.com, etc.
The following bounce back message may appear in Plesk for Windows in MailEnable logs:
CONFIG_TEXT: MailEnable: Message could not be delivered to some recipients.
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
Recipient: [SMTP:[email protected]]
Reason: 550-5.7.1 [2a04:2180:0:2::77] Our system has detected that this message does not
CONFIG_TEXT: ME-E0038: [5A4EDC3D20AA40D1B642FB60DC90A067.MAI] Communications Error: Socket connection to mta6.am0.yahoodns.net failed (error 10060). The host was either not contactable or it rejected your connection. Socket Family = 2; Port=25
ME-IXXXX: [B07DB2D9B34347399B193C5BA7127AE0.MAI] Remote server returned a response indicating a permanent error. Server Response: (550-5.7.1 [52.74.x.x 18] Our system has detected that this message is**550-5.7.1 likely suspicious due to the very low reputation of the sending IP**550-5.7.1 address. To best protect our users from spam, the message has been**550-5.7.1 blocked. Please visit**550 5.7.1
ME-IXXXX: [B0AAAC6938194AC49BF672F2325C6FFA.MAI] Remote server returned a response indicating a permanent error. Server Response: (554-gmx.net (mxgmxus003) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available**554-No SMTP service**554-Bad DNS PTR resource record.**554 For explanation visit http://postmaster.gmx.com/en/error-messages?ip=52.74.x.x&c=rdns**)
In Plesk for Linux one of the following error messages can be found in
CONFIG_TEXT: postfix/smtp: 0668921EE6E6: to=<[email protected]>, relay=mxint01.1and1.com[188.8.131.52]:25, delay=1.1, delays=0.12/0.02/0.87/0.13, dsn= 5.0.0, status=bounced (host mxint01.1and1.com[184.108.40.206] said: 550 host is listed in reject.bl.kundenserver.de (in reply to RCPT TO command))
CONFIG_TEXT: delivery 1284: failure: status=deferred (lost connection with while receiving the initial server greeting)
CONFIG_TEXT: status=bounced (host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com said: 550-5.7.1 [203.0.113.2] Our system has detected an unusual rate of 550-5.7.1 unsolicited mail originating from your IP address. To protect our 550-5.7.1 users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been blocked. 550-5.7.1 Please visit 550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedIPError to review our 550 5.7.1 Bulk Email Senders Guidelines. p198si10148872itp.132 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command))
CONFIG_TEXT: status=bounced (host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[203.0.113.2] said: 550-5.7.1 [220.127.116.11 19] Our system has detected that this message is 550-5.7.1 likely suspicious due to the very low reputation of the sending 550-5.7.1 domain. To best protect our users from spam, the message has been 550-5.7.1 blocked. Please visit 550 5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/188131 for more information. n10si2294606qte.338 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command)
CONFIG_TEXT: status=bounced (host said: 550 5.7.1 Service unavailable, Client host [203.0.113.2] blocked using Spamhaus. To request removal from this list see http://www.spamhaus.org/lookup.lasso (AS3130).
CONFIG_TEXT: mx.l.google.com[18.104.22.168] said: 550-5.7.1 [203.0.113.2 2] Our system has detected that this message is 550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail, 550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked. Please visit 550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedMessageError 550 5.7.1 for more information. b18si150966pgn.296 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command))
CONFIG_TEXT: Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 203.0.113.2 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) client-ip=203.0.113.2;
- IP address is blacklisted due to spamming
- Domain settings do not meet Google's requirements. Domain may be checked at MXToolBox Domain Health tool to get the list of all issues.
If Plesk IP is blacklisted (can be checked at https://mxtoolbox.com/domain/), do the following:
- Login to Plesk
- Change IP address for outgoing mail according to Plesk Administrator Guide
- To prevent similar issues, enable Outbound Spam and find the source of spam.
- Unblock the IP using instructions from spamhaus site.
- If Plesk IP is in Gmail's black list, contact Google mail support to remove the server's IP from the blacklist.
If Plesk IP is not blacklisted, configure mail settings for a domain properly:
- If in MXtoolbox report SPF is misconfigured or missing, set it up according to: Mail is rejected with error: 550-5.7.1 is likely unsolicited mail. SPF for a domain can be checked using instructions here: How to check whether a domain has a correctly set SPF record
- If in MXtoolbox report reverse DNS record is misconfigured, contact domain registrar or IP address provider to create reverse DNS record (it is also called PTR DNS record).
- Check if all other Google mail's requirements are met.