- Plesk 12.5 for Linux
- Plesk 10.x for Linux
- Plesk 11.x for Windows
- Plesk 11.x for Linux
- Plesk 12.0 for Windows
- Plesk 12.0 for Linux
- Plesk 12.5 for Windows
Error while installing SSL certificate:
Error: Unable to find the appropriate private key for the certificate.
Private key is missing or incorrect.
If private key is not available now, the only way to install the SSL Certificate is to regenerate CSR and re-issue Certificate from SSL Certificate provider:
- Go to Tools & Settings > SSL Certificates[Secure Your Sites]
- Click Add SSL Certificate.
Specify the certificate properties:
a) Certificate name. This will help you identify this certificate in the repository.
b) Encryption level. Choose the encryption level of your SSL certificate. We recommend that you choose a value more than 1024 bit.
c) Specify your location and organization name. The values you enter should not exceed the length of 64 symbols.
d) Specify the host name for which you wish to purchase an SSL certificate. For example: your-domain.com
e) Enter your e-mail address.
Note: Make sure that all the provided information is correct and accurate, as it will be used to generate your private key.
Click Buy SSL Certificate.
Note: Private key and certificate signing request(CSR) will be generated. Do not delete them. Use the
and apply for SSL certificate re-issue with SSL certificate provider. The approver e-mail is an e-mail address that can confirm that certificate for specific domain name was requested by an authorized person. Once your certificate request is processed, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. After you confirm, the certificate will be sent to your e-mail. When you receive your SSL certificate, save it on your local machine or network.
- Return to the SSL Certificates repository ( Tools & Settings > SSL Certificates ).
- Click Browse in the middle of the page and navigate to the location of the saved certificate. Select it, and then click Send File. This will upload the certificate to the repository.
- Select the checkbox corresponding to the certificate you just added, and click Secure the Panel.